Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update

I went into the hospital this morning to feed Riley and his nurse Carol told me he has gained 2 ounces! Praise the Lord! Yesterday we decided to try something new and we switched him to lactose free formula. He seems to be keeping this formula down much better so I think we just have a lactose intolerant little boy.

Hopefully the doctors will now increase the amount of formula we are feeding him (we currently just give him .5 ounces every 3 hours). The sooner we can increase it, decrease what he is getting through the IV then the sooner he can come home with us. We are hoping and praying we can bring him home this weekend.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, Griff, Riley and I are so thankful for all of you.

2 comments:

Joe and Katy Urbanek said...

Congrats!! He is so cute. I'll be praying for him to gain that weight and get home soon! We are so happy for you guys!

Sarah said...

Wonderful news. We are so praying for you all! I can't wait till you get him home. I'm impatient for you.