Sunday, December 14, 2008

At Home and Two Weeks Old

We have had Riley home since Thursday and it is wonderful! By God's grace I haven't had the baby blues but on Thursday when we finally got to walk out of the hospital with him my eyes were full of tears. I have been praising God over and over for our little miracle and that he is home with us now.

I can't say I jump up and down at the 2am and 5am feedings but it is a joy to know he is home and doing pretty well. The last couple of days we have had good feedings and not so good. This morning he spit up everything I gave him which was discouraging and then he was hungry and hour later and his schedule is completely off...I guess he doesn't understand the idea of a schedule. :-)

Please continue to pray with us that he would keep his meals down and he would continue to maintain a great blood sugar level and gain weight. We have an appointment at the doctors office tomorrow so I will know how we are doing then.

My parents (aka Grandma and Grandpa Henry) arrive this evening from Iowa and I am really excited to have them here, to see our little guy in their arms and to spend the week with them.


Here is our little green bean once we got home from the NICU.


Our first family picture at home.


Daddy and Riley taking a nap.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

How tiny! Great homecoming pictures.

Dawn said...

I LOVE IT (yes, Sharon - I am shouting :))! The pics of you all are so great and make me smile. Love you all!

Becky Bartlett said...

Welcome home, Riley!! :) You have such a cute family.

melanie said...

he is so precious ... praise God that he is home with you now! can't wait to meet him. we love you.

Kris Hoskinson said...

welcome home baby! so glad your family is all home now. enjoy these first days of a little one!