Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12.10.08 Update

He didn't get to come home today....I know I was hugely disappointed when the nurse told me this morning. She was disappointed too. The doctors dropped him back down to the regular concentration of formula and they want to see how he does on that for 24 hours before they release him. So I fed him at 11am and he took 50 mL (just over 2 oz.). The nurse Lynn checked his blood sugar at 1:45 and it was 75 which is great! Then I fed him at 2 and he took 75 mL and he didn't spit up any! Praise the Lord! So, I think it looks promising that he will get to come home with us tomorrow. If not I might steal him anyway. It is getting harder and harder to drive there so many times a day, feed him, cuddle with him and then lay him in a bed and walk away. My heart goes out to all the moms who have ever had a baby in the NICU longer than a week, especially those that are in there for months. I can't imagine the heartache.

Please pray our little man can home home tomorrow! Pray he would eat great between now and tomorrow morning at 9am when the doctors do their rounds and make the decision. Pray his blook sugar would stay in the 70's from here on out. Pray he would keep eating more and more and gain weight.