Friday, April 10, 2009

4 Months!

Riley is almost 4 1/2 months. I can't believe it! The weeks are flying by and our little guy continues to grow and grow. He was over 12 pounds at his 4 month check-up and doing great. Riley is a huge smiler. He is constantly smiling and squeeling with delight. I absolutely love hearing him "talk" to himself while he is laying in his crib in the morning. And I love walking in his room, peaking over the crib and seeing his smiling face beaming back at me.
Since turning 4 months he has enjoyed a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Henry and also taken his first trip to State College to scope out a future dorm room. He has also started eating cereal, though it tends to end up more on his tummy than in his tummy. He is enjoying tummy time a lot more and has actually rolled over several times. It is fun to cheer him on and watch him roll.
His eczema is slowly getting better. I just cake on the auqaphore several times a day. His acid reflux has kind of kicked back in, hence bibs or nakedness in almost every picture. One day I changed his outfit 3 times in 15 minutes and finally just put him to bed naked. And oddly enough Riley really loves having his outfits changed. All babies I have ever changed fuss and fuss but Riley gets a big smile on his face and enjoys the entire process. Weird but awesome.
With all the visitors and traveling it has definately thrown him off and we are back to the days of sleepless nights. I am hoping this week we can get back on track.









2 comments:

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

Sharon-
He's adorable! I can see you in him a lot. It's so fun to read his updates. He's just a few weeks younger than Isaac. (Isaac isn't rolling over yet - but I know it will come.) I hope he'll start sleeping well for you again. So much can upset nights - schedules being rearranged, teeth coming in, and growth spurts too. Isaac has been my worst sleeper. Caleb pulled all nighters at 8 weeks and Hannah not to much after that. Isaac just started them consistently this month. Our lives have been so chaotic since he's been born that it has affected him. If I drink my water and get my rest he makes it through the night though. I just have to behave. :) Anyway, enough rambling. Just wanted to tell you he's a doll!

Becca Book

melanie said...

sharon (& griff) -- he is SOOO cute! love the adorable chub!