Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sleepy Riley




I've always seen those pictures of kids that fall asleep in random places and wondered how that happened. I mean how can a kid be so tired they literally fall asleep at dinner. Today, I got my answer. A child falls asleep at dinner when they played outside in the leaves all morning. Then, after playing in the leaves and swinging on swings they decide to play during their nap instead of sleep. Funny story about that too...
I heard Riley screaming/crying in his room around 3pm. I rushed in to see what was going on and I couldn't find him anywhere. The three dresser drawers were open but there was no Riley in sight. The crying persisted and then, I saw it. Ten little piggy toes sticking out from the end of the middle dresser drawer! Apparently Riley had crawled into the middle drawer and was laying face down when the top drawer slid open, trapping him in the middle drawer. I couldn't help but laugh as I consoled my little non-sleeping two year old.

No comments: