Thursday, October 6, 2011

DC Vacation Continued

I love this picture of Riley. He was completely out while we were navigating through everything at Arlington National Cemetery.
Watching the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was ______. I don't know what to say. It was sad to walk through this cemetery where so many have given their life for me, my family, our nation. It was inspiring at the same time, by their selfless acts of giving their life. It was humbling too. I wander what some of these fallen soldiers would say about the state of our government today. Rows and rows of headstones, all white, some more weathered than others but all a small stone of remembrance of one that gave his/her life for the betterment of many. I'm truly thankful for them.
Ellie's turn to take a nap while on our way to The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The World War II Memorial. It was so much bigger than I remembered it.

No comments: