Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well, we have almost made it through week three of being a family of four. This is our first "real" week together with Griff working regular hours and no extra hands at home with me to help with the kiddos. We are doing pretty well, I think. Ellie is sleeping about 4 hours at a time at night, which I think is pretty good at this point. Riley is going through the terrible twos at 18 months. I think he has just had a lot of change and a lot of visitors lately and it is rattling him a bit. I'm hoping as we settle in to a routine my sweet lovable Riley will reappear.

Griff's parents were out for a weekend (photos to come later, once I've uploaded them). Then, my parents were out for a week. We loved having all the family around. Riley absolutely loves my Dad and anywhere Grandpa was Riley wanted to be. He didn't want to be held by anyone other than Grandpa and if Grandpa climbed a ladder then Riley climbed it too. It was so much fun to see Dad walking around the yard with a little blonde shadow. :-) And since Riley doesn't want much to do with my Mom it is good there is Ellie that she can now spoil. :-) What's the saying, "A grand-daughter for me a grandson for you. Praise the Lord and now they can be through." Ha ha!





1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh, my goodness - I love the first picture of Ellie. She's so beautiful! It was fun to see the pics of your parents with Ellie and Riley - you can tell that the kids don't lack for love when g'ma and g'pa are there! (not that they do any other time either, but ESPECIALLY not then! :)). I'm sure you are doing a great job, you guys! Love you. :)