Thursday, May 28, 2009

6 Months! Whoa!


Riley is six months old today! Horray! Yesterday we went to the doctor for his six month check-up and he weighed 14 pounds 14 ounces and was 28 1/4 inches long. He has gained over 10 pounds from birth! Praise the Lord for the many ways He has watched over our little guy and kept him growing big and strong.




Riley loves being on his belly and anytime we lay him in his crib to sleep he is instantly on his tummy. After I (Sharon) gave up trying to constantly turn him back over he is sleeping great. He continues to sleep through the night with occasional nights of crying. I think that may be due to him teething. Still no teeth yet but he is drooling like nothing I have ever seen. His eczema which was a huge problem this winter is all but gone, except for two bad patches behind his knees.




Riley has a new toy too, a walker. He is really enjoying being upright and loves to watch me in the kitchen while I am making dinner or doing laundry. I am really enjoying this season of life...when he is very interactive but not mobile. We have a lot of work to do in order to get this house baby proof.

2 comments:

melanie said...

interactive but not mobile -- it was my favorite stage too! but we're growing into other favorites as cooper approaches 10 months! keep having fun with your boy, mommy!

SueBobb said...

My fave about that picture is how he is missing one sock!! Ben never has two on, and I've lost the occasional one in the parking lot *sigh*