Tuesday, November 11, 2008

36 Weeks! Baby's Room! Cravings!


Wow! Hard to believe I have, by the mercy of God, made it to the 9 month mark. For the most part this last month went really well but about a week ago I got a cold and that has left me feeling pretty crappy.
Because I haven't been feeling good I haven't had much of an appetite and thus I have not gained the weight the doctor would like. I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and actually went down 1/2 a pound. The little guys heart beat sounds good and strong but the doctor just wants to be sure everything is okay and I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow. I am a little nervous but more excited to see another picture of this guy before he joins us for good.
So if you think of it please pray us, for me to get over this cold and gain weight and for our little guy to gain weight (right now they think he is aout 4 pounds).




And speaking of gaining weight...I made my first ever potroast last night and it actually turned out great! All I did was throw this roast in the crockpot, along with a can of Pepsi, a packet of onion soup, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. It was so easy and 8 hours later is was sooooo good. I told Griff this was a good old Iowa meal. And though there were mashed potatoes left over from last night I finished those about 8am when I couldn't sleep. :-)







And here is our little guys room. It is completely finished and ready for him to come and check it out. Big thanks to Cathy for finding this great baby furniture at a garage sale, to Jason and Dave for picking it all up for us and storing it, to Brian for helping Griff reassemble the crib, to my parents for painting the room, and to everyone else for all the great gifts that have helped us fill the room and prepare for him to join us. Thank you all soooooo much!

6 comments:

jamie said...

just to encourage you- when they estimate babies weight it is usually off- they thought gaskill's baby was 4lbs also and she weighed 5.5lbs. they thought abigail was 8lbs and she weighted 6lbs.
i hear this all the time! so be encouraged.. he might be a chunker! :)

Kelli B said...

oh I'm so excited to welcome Baby Jones into the world!!! I cant believe you're at 9 months already. Wow wow! Cant wait to see his little face on your blog :)
Praying for you and Griff, Sharon!

Becky Bartlett said...

The room looks so cute... now you're ready for a cute baby as well! Nice work with the pot roast!! Hope your u/s tomorrow is amazing.

melanie said...

sharon, you look absolutely adorable! and i can't wait to see your little guy's face -- certain to be absolutely adorable too. :-)

Joanna Kay said...

Oh Sharon. Tears came to my eyes when I saw your prego body. I miss you friend. You look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

sharon....how precious are you??!