Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Riley and Ellie both started Preschool today. Riley is in the three year old class and Ellie is in the two year old class. We went for the open house on Tuesday night and met their teachers, classmates and other parents. The kids had a blast and I knew there would be no clinging to Mommy when the time came to say good-bye. They did great this morning. Ellie ran into her room and instantly started playing and though Riley held my hand for a little bit he was excited to be there and had no problem saying bye. And there were no tears on my part either. They were so excited it was easy to be happy for them and walk away knowing they were in good hands and would have a great time. I enjoyed my 2 1/2 hours without any children by getting a pedicure (I figured a little treat before baby #3 was okay) and grocery shopping.

No comments: