Friday, July 16, 2010

Boots, Spots, and Pink

That is what these days seem to be filled with...

Boots - Riley loves wearing his cowboy boots (they were mine as a child). He would wear them daily if I would let him but I am so afraid they are gonna start stinking soon because he can't wear socks with them. The other day I told him to go put his shoes on because we were going to Wal-Mart and he brought me his boots. So, he wore the boots to Wal-Mart. He got lots of sweet comments from ladies there about his good lookin boots too and he really likes the attention of the ladies. :-)

Spots - The solver of all teething pain, sleep deprived crankiness and helper at nap times is Spots, Riley's stuffed dog. I honestly don't remember who gave Riley Spots at birth but I am ever grateful to them. He would carry this dog absolutely everywhere with him. He has torn the nose off, through days and nights of painful teething. The stuffing is slowly coming out as he is often Riley's wrestling partner. And I've washed it so many times there really aren't spots left on Spots. But, nonetheless he loves this dog and I love him too, a lot more though when he is freshly washed.

Pink - The color of baskets full of little girl laundry. Ellie continues to be a delight and I love putting on the sweet little pink girl clothes on her. I hope she doesn't one day grow up to hate the color. She is starting to engage more each day. She will follow you with her eyes and is starting to smile and coo. Those sweet little sounds make my day.






1 comment:

Dawn said...

Great post - thanks for sharing those little things from life that we miss b/c we live so far apart! So fun! On a side note, we have that same Leap Frog magnetic farm that Riley has ... doesn't it freak you out when it makes a animal noise 2 minutes after you've stopped playing with it? Weird ...

Love you all! :)