Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Rough Couple of Days

Riley awoke this morning at 2:30 crying. This isn't normal for our boy who has been sleeping through the night since week 9. Over the last week he has developed blotches on his chest. In the one picture from my last post you can see them around his neck. I thought they were just from damp bibs left on him and I needed to do a better job of keeping him dry. But in all my attempts to do that the bloches have continues to consume his entire belly, up his neck and behind his ears. I am headed to the doctor in 30 minutes and praying they can help us out. He just looks miserable, but he truly hasn't been that fussy. If I had hot red blotches all over my belly, and neck I would certainly be making it known to everyone.

Pray the doctors will be able to help us and Riley can quickly be back on the road to recovery. And please pray for me. When stuff like this happens it is easy to believe the lie that I am a bad mom. I know that is not the truth but I am fighting it right now.

I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

melanie said...

let us know what you find out, sharon! you are NOT a bad mom -- crazy things happen to their little bodies all the time. we love you guys!

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

Sharon-
I'm praying for you guys and your appointment. It's so hard to know what is going on with babies when they can't tell us. Isaac is number 3 for me, and I still don't have them all figured out! I'll pray you get a quick and simple answer.

Becca

Sarah said...

What was the prognosis? I am so sorry you are struggling with the bad mom lie. I will pray for healing-Riley's body and your heart.